The PointsBet Sportsbook is among the first online sportsbooks to hit the Illinois sports betting market, joining huge industry giants BetRivers Sportsbook, FanDuel Sportsbook, and DraftKings Sportsbook.
When it comes to PointsBet Illinois, is it better than the competing sportsbooks in the state? When you sign up at PointsBet, what do you get in return?
We will answer all those questions and plenty more right here to break down everything that PointsBet brings to the table in Illinois. We trust that after reading what we have put together, you will feel confident in your decision about whether using PointsBet is right for you.
Any decent online sportsbook needs not only to provide bettors with a great website, but they also need an awesome mobile app so players can bet on the move. Luckily for you, the PointsBet Android app and iPhone version are one the best IL sports betting apps going.
PointsBet Sportsbook App & Mobile
If you want to wager on the game from the bar, couch, or the train, you need to download the PointsBet mobile app. They offer separate apps for Android and iPhone platforms and here is how you can download them:
Downloading the PointsBet Sportsbook app for Android
- Visit pointsbet.com
- Create an account if you are a new player
- Select the main menu, then hit Download App
- Press Download for Android
- Press OK on the PointsBetAndroidApp.apk
- Open the APK and press install
- Launch the app and sign in
Downloading the PointsBet Sportsbook app for iPhone & iPad
- Visit iTunes and press GET
If you have been looking in the Google Play store for the PointsBet Android app, you will come out empty-handed. The Play Store does not allow any real money sports betting apps in the app store. The only way to get it is to download the PointsBet APK directly from the mobile site.
If you signed up online, you likely would want to download the PointsBet sportsbook app for use on your iOS or Android device. The PointsBet app is available for iOS and Android users; you can download it by following the instructions at the PointBet home page.
Once you have downloaded the PointsBet app, simply sign in with your account information, and you will be all set. You will need to allow access to your location so they can perform player location checks to prove you are wining a legal state. This is easy to do but you can see our geolocation guide if you ever see the error player location check unable to verify location. Take some of your time to get familiar with the app, so you will know where everything is, how to place bets, and to make deposits when you want.
The best part about having the PointsBet Sportsbetting app on your mobile device is that you will have a sportsbook with you everywhere you go. Meaning you can check everything from lines to game times and place bets at any time or place. We love the design of the app. It is so easy to use and really does look the part. Whilst some other IL betting apps keep a pretty conservative approach in terms of design, PointsBet app goes all out. The menu is easy to use and has everything you need from the book right at your fingertips.
You can access all the promos and In Play options, see what games are up next, do a quick Parlay, and see the full A-Z of sports betting options. The In-Play betting available on the Android and iPhone app from PointsBet really is second to none. They cover a huge range of sports and the design makes it real easy to get your wager on any of the events. Making secure deposits and withdrawals is easy to do on the mobile app and we are confident you will love using it to place your bets.
Joining PointsBet Online
Like any legal US Sportsbook, you need to have an online account before you can place a wager. You can create an account with PointsBet from any US state but you will need to be in a legalized state before you can place a bet. To create an account, head to https://pointsbet.com/ and select your state. Now you need to fill out the quick registration form. It is just as easy to do it on the PointsBet Illinois site as it is on the regular site. Add in your name and email, salutation, DOB, cell number, and last 4 digits from your SSN. Fill out your address details, tet up a password, accept the T&C’s, and your good to go.
All you need to do now is make a deposit from one of the several methods the sportsbook accepts and your good to go.
PointsBet Sportsbook New Player Bonus
When you join PointsBet USA Online Sportsbook, you will get an incredible offer as a new player. You can get up to a whopping $2,000 in free IL sportsbook bets.
When signing up at PointsBet, simply use the promo code GAMBLEIL. When you make your initial first deposit, you can get up to $500 back if your first fixed odds bet loses. On top of this, you can also get up to $1,500 back if you lose your first PointsBetting wager. It’s one of the best new player bonuses available from any IL Sportsbook.
Sounds good? Get your PointsBet account at https://pointsbet.com/.
PointsBet Promotions and Bonus Offers
In addition to the first deposit bonus offer, PointsBet has other promos for Illinois sports bettors to take advantage of.
- Daily odds boost: Check out the app daily for boosted odds throughout the sports betting world.
- Parlay booster: Personalize your parlay bets of three legs or more. Any betting market is eligible, and it allows you to boost your winnings.
- Name abet via Twitter: Tweet @PointsBetIL with #nameabet for a unique market that is not currently on the app or site, and PointsBet will price it for you.
PointsBets also allows you to earn PointsBet rewards points with every bet you make on the app or site. You earn one reward point for every $5 fixed odds wager, every $1 parlay bet, and for every $1 that you win or lose with PointsBetting.
This rewards program was highly successful at the launch of PointsBet, NJ. We can not see any reason why Illinois would be different.
What Is PointsBetting?
PointsBetting takes regular bets, such as spread, over/under, or a prop bet, and makes it so that your winnings or losses are not fixed but can differ up until the end of the match.
The basic principle of PointsBetting is that the more right or wrong you are, the more you are rewarded or penalized. Let us use an example to make PointsBetting more straightforward.
Let us say you bet $1 on the Chicago Bears to win as seven-point favorites. If the Bears win by 21 points, they will cover the spread by fourteen points. You would earn a profit of $14, or fourteen times your original $1 bet. On the exact same bet, if the Bears win by just 2 points, you will lose $5 because they failed to cover the spread by five points.
Each betting market has a multiplier cap down to the volatility of the specific market. In some betting markets, the cap for wins and losses can be as high as 200x, while others are as low as 5x.
Due to the volatility of the potential losses when it comes to PointsBetting, part of your balance will be withheld. At the same time, you have PointsBetting wagers in place. The online sportsbook will always show you the “balance withheld,” “max win level,” and “max loss level” of the bet before you finalize your PointsBetting wager.
Is PointsBet Legal In Illinois?
Yes. Governor J.B. Pritzker signed the Sports Wagering Act in June 2019, permitting retail and online sports betting in Illinois.
The first sports bet in the state was legally made in March 2020 at the Rivers Casino in Des Plaines. Shortly after that, online sportsbooks launched, and BetRivers was the first to open for sports betting.
Pritzker suspended mandatory in-person registration amongst the COVID-19 pandemic, reversed his stance, and reinstated the suspension on Aug. 21.
What states is PointsBet legal in?
If you want to wager online or on your mobile, you can legally bet using the operator in:
- New Jersey
PointsBet Online Sportsbook Features
PointsBet is relatively new to the sports betting market, having only begun operations in 2017 in Australia. Illinois was the fourth state in the US with a PointsBet, joining New Jersey, Indiana, and Iowa. The operator then went live in Colorado at the end of 2020 and became one of the first online sportsbooks to launch in Michigan on January 22nd, 2021.
Despite being new to the betting market, PointsBet IL offers a lot to its customers. Here is a look at some of their best benefits.
- PointsBetting: One of the most distinguishing aspects of PointsBet is PointsBetting. Allowing bettors to make wagers in which their wins and losses vary based on how right or wrong they are about the specific event.
- Promotions: Not only does PointsBet give players daily odds boosts, but it also runs various promotions throughout the year based on what sporting events are taking place.
- Parlay Bet booster: PointsBet allows its players to boost parlays of their choosing if they are three selections or more. That means more profit when you win.
- Fast and easy navigation: PointsBet prides itself on having one of the fastest sportsbooks around. That is a big deal when you try to make a bet before an event starts or before the odds change. The PointsBet site and app are both easy to use and navigate.
- Customer Support: If you encounter any problems while using PointsBet, you can email in or have a chat with their customer support team using the live chat function. You can also reach out to PointsBet on their social media channels for further help or information.
One of the best parts of sports betting is the number of options you have when betting. Below are just some of the bet types available at PointsBet in Illinois.
- Moneyline: The most popular bet type, requiring you to just pick the winner of any given event. Favorites are displayed with unfavorable odds, while underdogs are displayed with favorable odds.
- The point spread: Sportsbooks put spreads on games, either how much the favorite must win or how close the underdog needs to keep the game for you to win your bet. If the side you back covers the spread, you win.
- Over/under: Usually, a bet on whether the point total of a contest will be higher or lower than the number given by the oddsmakers. Over/under also can be used for player stat totals.
- Props: Prop bets are siding bets on whether something will occur during a game, such as a player having a triple-double in an NBA game or throw for four touchdowns in an NFL game, for example.
- In-Play: Just because a game is underway does not mean you can no longer place a bet on it. Live betting is just as it sounds, allowing you to make wagers on ongoing contests. The odds will fluctuate as the game goes on.
- Future Bets: Here, you are betting on what will occur in the distant future. This usually applies to pick a championship winner or what players will win individuals awards like the MVP.
- Parlays: With parlays, you are making multiple bets into one single bet. For you to win, all the bets must be correct. If just one loses, you lose the bet. The more legs involved, the more you stand to win if you are correct.
- Round robins: Like parlays, round robins allow for combinations on one bet. Essentially, round robins allow you to be wrong on one of your predictions. Round Robins are easier to get right, but the potential winnings are significantly less than with parlays.
- Teasers: Teasers are most familiar with football and basketball matches. Bettors can move the spread up and down on several games. Based on the direction you move the spread, the odds will adjust accordingly.
- PointsBetting: Unique to PointsBet Sportsbooks IL, PointsBetting allows bettors to profit based on how correct their wagers are. At the same time, you can lose more money, dependant on how incorrect your bet was.
How To Live Parlay at PointsBet?
PointsBet has put this handy video together to show you how to do a Parlay bet using their sports betting app.
Banking Options At PointsBet Sportsbook
PointsBet currently offers the below methods to deposit money into your account, with a $10 minimum deposit required:
- Bank ACH/e-check
- Visa or Mastercard credit card
- Bank transfer
- In-person at Hawthorne Racecourse or any of 10 Off The Book locations
If you want to use PayPal at an IL sports betting site, then you are in luck. PointsBet is one of the legal IL operators accepting PayPal.
How To Get Paid From PointsBet?
Usual PointsBet withdraw times are 72 hours to be processed by the operator, then 3-5 business days to be confirmed by your bank.
PointsBet Customer Service
PointsBet has an online live chat available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You also have the choice of contacting customer support via email. Reaching out to PointsBet’s Twitter account is also an option. Still, the first two methods are best if you have an immediate issue.
Responsible Gambling At PointsBet IL
PointsBet is a sports betting business, but that does not mean it does not care about safe and responsible betting. That is clear with this statement on the PointsBet website:
“For most players, gambling is an exciting and fun recreational activity. For others, it can rapidly become a problem with devastating consequences for themselves, their families, and their friends. At PointsBet, we want our players to enjoy your gambling experience. As part of that experience, we help you stay in control of your gambling, and not allowing your gambling to control you.”
From there, it has relevant links to help you figure out if you have a gambling problem and what to do if that happens to be the case, including how to close your PointsBet account. You can set limits on your account to limit how much or how often you are betting.
Where Is The PointsBet Retail Sportsbook in Illinois?
The PointsBet Illinois partner is located at Hawthorne Racecourse in the Chicago suburbs of Cicero.
- Hawthorne Race course Address: 3501 S. Laramie Ave., Cicero, IL 60804
- Website: hawthorneracecourse.com
- Phone: 708-780-3700
Bettors at PointsBet will also be able to place bets at all of Hawthorne’s Off The Book locations.
Is PointsBet The Best Sportsbook?
When it comes to picking the most outstanding sportsbook in Illinois, there is no definitive right answer. Not only are we still in the incredibly early stages of sports wagering in the state, but PointsBet is still in the early stages of its existence as a sports betting operator.
Another thing to keep a close eye on is whether PointsBet is aggressive in luring new players its way by offering better odds and attractive promotions. When it comes to app navigation and speed, PointsBet is at the top, if not the best in class.
Based on its exclusive PointsBetting offering and its rapid growth plan in the US, which includes building a base in Colorado, it stands to reason that it probably will be one of the top sportsbooks in Illinois.
The PoinstBet IL Sportsbook is sure to be a big hit. They have been a huge success in the other states they operate in and IL will be no exception. PointsBetting is a great unique way to bet and for fans who just want to place regular style bets, PointsBet IL caters for you too.